Friday, May 11, 2007

The undead are out to get me!

Wow, it's always a great sign when a movie gives you nightmares before you've seen it...I am thrilled to report that 28 Weeks Later (sequel to my favorite zombie flick--and I've seen a lot) is getting great reviews and I woke up, terrified at 3 am while dreaming that I was trying to escape from an evil virus and it's enraged victims. Awesome. I may have to do a double-header with Waitress just so I can sleep.
Actually, I think I'm probably just feeling anxious because a) my office was evacuated during the fire in Griffith Park this week (we're on the southern border) b) the fire damage was extensive and you can see the balded, charred hills from the freeway, which last week were green (if not lush--it's been a dry year) c) there's another fire raging on Catalina Island--a really beautiful, scenic place--which must be particularly difficult for residents who have to flee to the mainland and d) I have a month and a half to find a new job and my resume isn't even updated. Many things to be worried and stressed about. In any case, I'm headed out tonight, have a BBQ tomorrow and am gearing up for Vegas over Memorial Day weekend! So life doesn't totally suck.

No comments: