Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fire Season

Had a fabulous time in NYC! Thanks to Alex & Mike for hosting me and to Colin & Rebecca for making the trek north from DC--it was great to see you all!
The weekend was completely action-packed: the Brooklyn Museum, 3 Tribeca screenings, Prospect Park, The Upright Citizens Brigade, countless drinks, many meals (including hot-dog off the street--yummy!) and Spring Awakening, which was amazing and that's coming from someone who is not a fan of musical theater. In retrospect it seems like too much to fit into 5 days, but we managed (of course, there was no time for pilgrimage to MoMA--boo). I didn't even notice that I missed the opening weekend of Spiderman 3--maybe I can catch it next weekend...but I think 28 Weeks Later is opening.
Flew back last night just in time to enjoy the heat wave and the fires that even now are irritating my eyes and promise to turn my commute into sheer torture--woot. I already miss the Subway. Though I am glad to be back in my spacious dump in the Valley, listening to KCRW and hanging with the coolest karaoke/kickball crew this side of the Rockies. All my east-coast buds are welcome to partake of those benefits as well as the futon in my living room.

No comments: