Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hoya Saxa Baby

Finally, all the money I spent on a Georgetown education is paying dividends in the form of NCAA glory! Woo-hoo, let's go Hoyas! I'm no basketball expert (I don't even know the rules, actually, and this was probably the first game I've ever watched the whole way through), but if you missed today's game in which the Hoyas kicked UNC's ass, you really missed something special (particularly for us chronically disappointed Georgetown fans). Even a dilettante like myself can briefly tell you what happened: down six at the half (44 to UNC's 50), the Hoya's came back to tie it up at the end of regulation (81, 81), then dominated the 5 minute overtime period, earning 15 points while allowing the Tarheels only 3 (96 to 84). Kick ass!
I just have to wonder, when do these guys study for their mid-terms :o)

No comments: